Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

whats the point in anything

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  chrissy456 
#1 ·
I really am ready to just give up. I have nothing in my life besides this stupid problem. I hardly make enough money to pay my bills due to the fact that I spend 3-4 hours every single day trying to go and no matter what some days I don't. The days I don't go are the worst. I would rather go 12 times a day (like I do on my the days I go the most) then not go or go once. How do I handle going through like knowing it will never get better for me? (I have no insurance and no money to try anything to fix me)How can I ever be happy knowing my life will never amount to anything because I can't poop normal?Also how do I stop getting so angry when I know 90% of the population doesn't have to deal with this and they can have a life and be happy?It is just so unfair and I really don't know how to stop getting so upset over this.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I've tried different types of diets. It is just really hard for me to afford most foods since my job hardly pays me enough to cover my bills. I can't get a new job since I haven't been able to go to college due to my problem. Also most jobs won't understand if I have to leave to go home for a little bit due to stomach trouble.The only good thing about my job is if I have one of those stomach days where I have gone 15 times and I am still having to go more, I can show up late or call in without fear of being fired. There is no way I could do something like that at a different job.I also looked into disability but from what I read I would be making even less doing that then I am making now. I just can't do that since I have bills to pay.I try to stay away from laxatives since I don't won't to become addicted. Although when I really feel like I need to go I will use a fleet enima to help me feel better.I just don't know how to stop being so depressed. I have missed out on so much of my life because of this. I really just don't know if I can take this knowing I will never be able to do anything more with my life then try to poop. Sorry for whining so much, but I am just so jealous of people that don't have this problem and so depressed that my life is like this. I just wish I knew what I did to desreve this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.