Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering. Isn't the notification of a new post supposed to be immediate? I posted stuff last night, and am just getting notifications this afternoon of new posts. They are the same posts that I had already seen posted last night. Perhaps something to do with daylight savings time? Just curious. Thanks.Andrea

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For example. I posted this question at noon, and there have been 3 replies so far. It's almost 5pm and I have still not gotten a notification email for any of the replies yet. Thank you for looking into it for us Jeff. It is such a cool feature when it works properly. It makes it so much easier than always having to remember which threads to go back to to look for replies.Andrea

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Jeff. Just to update you, I just got 9 email notifications all at the same time at 8:45pm. Weird, huh? They were notifications for replies that were posted hours ago. Andrea

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
The problem seems to be linked to the "last post" section which is often delay.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Jeff. I just stumbled on your reply. It appears that you wrote it 1 hour ago and I still don't have a notification email. Just wanted to let you know. Sorry...I don't want to be a PITA.
Andrea

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Andrea,Until this works a little more effeciently.. just thought I'd let you know what I do. I go into my own profile by the "Go" button there. Then I check my recent posts to find the threads I'm looking for.Hope this helps.BQ

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
You should also be aware that we have had some problems getting AOL and Yahoo to accept delivery from the IBS Group because we didn't have a reverse ip-addr pointing back to ourselves. This is necessary so that AOL and Yahoo (and others) really believe we are who we say we are. Infopop just added this this morning, but it may take some time to propagate. I think this largely has a lot to do with the delays. Let's give it until tomorrow to see how we're doing.J*

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Test.Jeff,the "last posters" notifications are also delay.That should explain the e-mails notifications problems.

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Jeff I don't get any e-mail notifications, not even delayed notification. Also when I view a page the number of views does not go up by one. Laurie Rodriguez of infopop.com has told me to ask you to open a ticket regarding it.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
A small delay still seems to appears.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.