Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been diagnosed with IBS but for the last 5 years (im 19) i havent had proper bowel movements, and 2 years ago i had really high temps and awful cramping and was admitted to hospital, i had really bad C. I am always having C and G and awful pains, but the doctor said last week that lots of girls have problems with C. When i go to the toilet i sometimes get massive pains and nausea and i sometimes get pains so bad, and then i go to the toilet and usually feel better after. ?????? do you think i have IBS or is the doctor right?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
beck, So sorry you are struggling with C. Your Doc could be right as people without IBS can get C too. However you need to communicate the frequency and duration of your symptoms clearly to the Doc. If you have done that and he still says just C no IBS, you could always go to another Doc for a second opinion. No one here could possibly diagnose you, as I'm sure you know. But go ahead and get a second opinion from another Doc if you aren't sure. A gastroenterologist could help you get to the bottom of this. Keep in mind that you are young and perhaps the Docs won't do too many tests but they will if your symptoms indicate it. But I think you would feel better if you were able to get another Doc to have a look at you. IBS is diagnosed by ruling out other GI problems or by your symptoms.Here is some info: http://www.gicare.com/pated/ecdgs03.htm Hope you get to feeling better and let us know how you do.
BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
beck, So sorry you are struggling with C. Your Doc could be right as people without IBS can get C too. However you need to communicate the frequency and duration of your symptoms clearly to the Doc. If you have done that and he still says just C no IBS, you could always go to another Doc for a second opinion. No one here could possibly diagnose you, as I'm sure you know. But go ahead and get a second opinion from another Doc if you aren't sure. A gastroenterologist could help you get to the bottom of this. Keep in mind that you are young and perhaps the Docs won't do too many tests but they will if your symptoms indicate it. But I think you would feel better if you were able to get another Doc to have a look at you. IBS is diagnosed by ruling out other GI problems or by your symptoms.Here is some info: http://www.gicare.com/pated/ecdgs03.htm Hope you get to feeling better and let us know how you do.
BQ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.