Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been living with IBS (D) for around 5 years now and have tried many different diets and different medications. Over the last few months i seem to be getting different symptoms with my normal stomach pain and diarrhea. Some of these symptoms include needed to wee more, serious bloating after eating any food and my D seems to be happening every time i eat ANY food. Anyway, my question is when do you know whether it is more than IBS? Do we in some way want there to be some other answer to these symptoms that are treatable or is there something more serious?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Many people with IBS react to the ACT of eating because every meal every human eats will make their colon more active. The longer you wait to eat the next meal the worse this will be. Fattier meals or large meals are also going to make it worse. Eating 300 calorie or so mini meals every 3 hours usually helps, but can be hard to do and some people would rather than severe diarrhea when they finally have a single meal late at night than potentially have issues during the day.IBS is not related only to one or a couple specific foods. It is rare you can completely control IBS by eliminating a couple of foods from your diet.IBS is treatable. If you doctor refuses to write any prescriptions at all (and assuming none of the OTC treatments a lot of us use help) then fire them and get a different doctor.Things that indicate something more than IBS is going on.Bloody diarrheaInexplicable weight loss (eat more than enough to maintain weight but keep losing weight like you are on a strict diet)Unexplained fevers, especially with skin rashes and joint pain or other autoimmune symptoms.A couple of acute problems to watch out for.Severe lower right pain that get better with pressure and rebounds, especially with a fever can be your appendix.Severe upper right abdominal pain that radiates to the shoulder blade and generally hits for 6-8 hours without letting up after you eat a fatty meal. That is typical of a gall bladder going bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.