Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new with IBS...well i have been living with it for years but only recently diagnosed. At christmas my stomach bloated so bad the woman that the emergency room thought i was in labour!!! and they gave me a muscle relaxer...now i've had diarrhea for 16days or so..should i see the doctor? I am not sure what do to do..i am all over the map. its funny because when i had the colonoscopy the GI doctor was like "its nothing serious, its some called IBS." i have soon learned it is serious...just not life threatening.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow 16 days is a long time. I'd see your doctor just in case though, it could be an infection of some sort. I've had a few of them myself and it's just been treated with antibiotics.But until then, try Imodium. It't grrrrrreat stuff!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow 16 days is a long time. I'd see your doctor just in case though, it could be an infection of some sort. I've had a few of them myself and it's just been treated with antibiotics.But until then, try Imodium. It't grrrrrreat stuff!

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you are asking yourself and others if it is time to see a doctor.......it is time to see a doctor! Stomach distention can be many things and if this bloating is new to you, get checked out to be safe.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you are asking yourself and others if it is time to see a doctor.......it is time to see a doctor! Stomach distention can be many things and if this bloating is new to you, get checked out to be safe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey there,As it turns out i am pretty dehydrated. my doc told me that I am losing electrolytes and that's why my ankles are so swollen. He did a urine test to see if i am losing protein...is this common?~Corinna

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey there,As it turns out i am pretty dehydrated. my doc told me that I am losing electrolytes and that's why my ankles are so swollen. He did a urine test to see if i am losing protein...is this common?~Corinna

1 - 9 of 9 Posts