Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor told me to take fibercon to relieve IBS. I am confused--when I am in the D stage am I still supposed to take it..she said to take it everyday for regularity. Second?--what time of day is best to take it? if i have more trouble in the am with D would it make more sense to take it at night? I am totally confused about this whole thing. also can you take gaviscon for the gas that happens as a result of taking fibercon?? thanks totally confused------------------bubbles

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Although Fibercon says its a Laxative, it does help to get the liquids, solids and gas mixed together properly. I thought the same thing when my doctor told me to take it, I asked him if he was crazy - I already run to the bathroom enough. But then he explained that it helps mixing and then made sense. Doctor need to explain why not just say take this.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hi,I take Metamucil which is similar to Fibercon and it has helped my D tremendously.I take it at night as my main problems are in the morning and now I have just 1 bowel motion in the morning and that is generally it for the day unless my anxiety kicks in.it does work better if I do take it 3 times a day but I don't always do that.Hope this helps,Rachel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts