Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get stressed, I feel my neck and upper back get tight, my stomach is in knots, I feel like my whole digestion process stops...How long does it take you until it goes back to normal? Mine seems to last for a whole WEEK!!!Besides exercise, is there anything else I can do?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Beach, when I get stress out, I mean major stress it takes me like about three days most of the time for my body to kick back into normal. A few weeks ago I had a cyst taken off my back, I had the D before they done it and after they done it for two to three days. I was nervous and had fast heartrate, ect..for those days too. I have anxiety/panic disorder and I am prone to be so sensitive to any medication. You figure once the ordeal was over, our bodies would just go back to normal, but mine don't.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Beach, when I get stress out, I mean major stress it takes me like about three days most of the time for my body to kick back into normal. A few weeks ago I had a cyst taken off my back, I had the D before they done it and after they done it for two to three days. I was nervous and had fast heartrate, ect..for those days too. I have anxiety/panic disorder and I am prone to be so sensitive to any medication. You figure once the ordeal was over, our bodies would just go back to normal, but mine don't.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Just fyi, that there is also muscle tension stress in IBS from the constant on edge it puts people in. This stays with you quite a bit and has its own effects on the body and symptoms.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Just fyi, that there is also muscle tension stress in IBS from the constant on edge it puts people in. This stays with you quite a bit and has its own effects on the body and symptoms.

·
Registered
568 Posts
When I am really stressed, it can take a few days to get back to normal. When my dear grandmother passed away in March of 2000, I was so stressed and depressed that I threw up and had terrible D for 2 days after her funeral
. It was the worst time of my life
I also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, and during times of stress, those are a lot worse too
!!It's amazing how stress affects our bodies
!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
When I am really stressed, it can take a few days to get back to normal. When my dear grandmother passed away in March of 2000, I was so stressed and depressed that I threw up and had terrible D for 2 days after her funeral
. It was the worst time of my life
I also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, and during times of stress, those are a lot worse too
!!It's amazing how stress affects our bodies
!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Can take me a week sometimes depending on the cause
I think that all of us humans have reached our maximum stress capacity! Even kids are stressed out ....we all need to take a year off from everything and just relax...nice dream huh unless your Donald Trump...I know in Germany it's a law that they get at least one month off a year...all the UK seems to go on vacation all the time....England people pop over to Ireland, Wales, etc...just where can we go to compete
I sometimes think that if we could all live by the ocean, a river or nice body of water it would help us but???? maybe we just need a bit of space and time for just US!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Can take me a week sometimes depending on the cause
I think that all of us humans have reached our maximum stress capacity! Even kids are stressed out ....we all need to take a year off from everything and just relax...nice dream huh unless your Donald Trump...I know in Germany it's a law that they get at least one month off a year...all the UK seems to go on vacation all the time....England people pop over to Ireland, Wales, etc...just where can we go to compete
I sometimes think that if we could all live by the ocean, a river or nice body of water it would help us but???? maybe we just need a bit of space and time for just US!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It takes me a good three - five days in order for the stress in my back to go away, the fog in my brain and all the muscle tension...It's such a pain, that's why I try to avoid stressful situations because I know the aftermath is too hard to deal with.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It takes me a good three - five days in order for the stress in my back to go away, the fog in my brain and all the muscle tension...It's such a pain, that's why I try to avoid stressful situations because I know the aftermath is too hard to deal with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.