Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am new to these boards, but have been dealing with IBS for about 6-7 months now. Not sure which if any of these triggered it:

- gallbladder removal

- two sarcoma surgeries (abdominal wall)

- radiation in pelvic area

- hernia repair

- two bowel resections in 2013

Yup, I've had six abdominal surgeries, plus radiation in past 10 years. Did anyone develop IBS from one of the above?

Well, it is what it is, and real reason I'm posting is to try to get to the bottom of the sugar issue. I know sugar and artificial sweeteners aren't good in general for IBS, but let's face it, we all need a treat once in a while, and just curious when people have a treat if they go for things made of splenda or some other artificial sweetener of if they feel they are better off having sugar sugar if they have a bad craving? I was told splenda would not irritate IBS, but wonder what others have found. What about aspartame.

I will say as an IBS newbie who has had every symptom under the sun, I am ready to go mad, after only 7 month of dealing with this cr*p (pun intended) - Big D, constipation, vomiting, nausea, etc. I don't know how you all keep your sanity or maintain a demanding full-time job since you never know when there is going to be a flare-up and when you'll be up all night (happens to me constantly) with bad stomach rumbling.

Thanks for any thoughts on any of this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.