Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Hi beach, Well, I used to worry also about eating in public and then having to run to the bathroom. Now, I take some mint tea and immodium before I go out and try to relax and enjoy myself. If I let myself worry about an attack, then I'll have one. I refuse to let this dreaded condition get the best of me. I'm determined that I'm going to live my life to the fullest now matter if I have to buy immodium by the case. Seriously though, I'm not staying home just because my bowels are a problem. If I know I'm going to a restaurant, I try not to eat my trigger foods for a few days before and if I really really feel worried, half a valium tablet works wonders for the anxiety and , like I said, immodium for the tummy. Good luck.

· Registered
135 Posts
Hi beach, Well, I used to worry also about eating in public and then having to run to the bathroom. Now, I take some mint tea and immodium before I go out and try to relax and enjoy myself. If I let myself worry about an attack, then I'll have one. I refuse to let this dreaded condition get the best of me. I'm determined that I'm going to live my life to the fullest now matter if I have to buy immodium by the case. Seriously though, I'm not staying home just because my bowels are a problem. If I know I'm going to a restaurant, I try not to eat my trigger foods for a few days before and if I really really feel worried, half a valium tablet works wonders for the anxiety and , like I said, immodium for the tummy. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.