Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a flare-up this weekend. I only went to the bathroom 3 times on Saturday, 1 time on Sunday and a couple of times on Monday. Clearly, many of you have D far worse than that. Follow me on this:1. I still have cramping and urgency and loose stools, but I don't go THAT much.2. I eat regularly despite the discomfort.So WHY do I lose a few pounds with each flare-up??!!! Where does it go??? How do I get it back???

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
No answer here. I gained about 15 pounds despite frequent daily d over my 10 years of this. The last year of it our dog had died and I was no longer exercising at all, which at least makes some sense. Perhaps your body temp is increasing during these flares. That would consume more calories. If you are not sensitive to milk, there are a number of products that will help with putting weight back on. I use a whey shake a couple of times a week after gym workouts for muscle building. I have talked to others who use them daily who find they will gain weight with them.Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.