Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that you have falsely concluded that IBS is impossible to get rid of. I suspect that most people even the hardcore cases like you and me can solve the problem (I pretty much solved mine).I think it is just a matter of trying multiple treatments all at the same time until you get lucky like me (ibsacol has turned my life around). Eric, until you get your fillings removed and/or get the toxic metal ions out of your enteric nervous tissue, your hypothalamus and your pituitary gland you will continue to lose the battle.I also think that a fair number of people would benefit from immunomodulation whether it be from Samento or Ibsacol or some other immunomodulating herb/fat/drug.I think that if a person can aggressively and patiently work towards ridding themselves of pathogenic bacteria, microscopic parasites (probably almost always overlooked by labs and underestimated...), and take care of any yeast overgrowth (if the signs indicate its presence) then they will have taken a giant step in the right direction. probiotics may make a very important contribution over the long haul.Eric, no need to thank me. I know you appreciate my concern.(after I gather more evidence, I will tell you about the oxygenated water which might be clearing up my brain --- then again it could be the fact that Ibsacol has solved my breathing problem so now i finally have oxygen going to my brain)

G

·
Just an FYI:Eric has retired from this bb. Whether or not he will ever return is unknown. He and many of us are saddened by the loss of the comaradarie that once made this place a special respite for those of us who suffer with this malady in a very non-IBS friendly world. If the atmosphere here ever changes, we can only hope that he might come back. I, for one, am very grateful for all of the contributions that he has made to this bb and I will miss him here greatly. He helped a lot of people who had nowhere else to turn. Sometimes it's not about being right or wrong... it's about helping each other.We're all we have and it would behoove us to work together as a team in our struggle against IBS and its sisters.Evie

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eric,come back! it is boring around here without you.you can't quit, you are only days away from becoming the top poster -- the title awaits! (ya know, that may be the problem. as soon as someone gets close to a milestone they often times get tight. But i think he will be okay, soon)we have not argued (i mean discussed) the topic of mercury toxicity/hypersensitivity yet.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Amen, Evie. I have monitored this bulletin board since 1998 or so, finally posting in 2001. I have seen a steady deterioration in the civility and camaraderie, as you put it, over the past several years. What was once a welcoming, supportive place has become by and large a battle of self-styled experts who do not refrain from attacking people personally as well as professionally. I think no one objects to someone presenting his or her point-of-view, no matter how controversial. But the mean-spirited personal attacks are out of line. So, enough is enough. We have enough battles to fight against IBS without fighting each other. I completely sympathize with Eric and support his decision to leave until people learn to treat each other with a modicum of mutual respect.Adieu mon ami.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I personally don't believe for a minute that Eric has abandoned his friends and fellow IBS sufferersOne with his knowledge of medicine.One just doesn't walk away from his patients no matter how disruptive they may be. He must be on a sabbatical and studying more medical journals so that he can come back to aid us unfortunates.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It isn't just this board. I am on a widow support group. Have been for about 3 years. In the last year I have seen a lot more people just plain being mean on the group. I also think that as a society we are far less tolerant of others that we once were. We have become a "ME" people that in most cases never thing about how what we do or say will affect anyone else. Just as long as I get what I want. Sad but true for the most part.

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
eric, I hope I haven't upset you. I was on the self esteem thread and wondering how to deal with self esteem issues because of IBS and I realize that you have made us see through your much posted research that IBS is truly an illness which can be recorded on things like MRI etc even if it ia Mind Gut connection which sometimes I have a problem agreeing with you -that it is true for all cases.Do come back. Maybe you and Evie and Gail and I can write a book- you coming from the physical part of the disease and us trying the CBT issues related to the disease. What says you?

G

·
Again, I have spoken with Eric very recently and at this time he has told me that he does not wish to participate on this bb at this time, particularly not in the capacity of a moderator on the CBT/Hypno Forum since the atmosphere on this bb has significantly deteriorated. If the environment calms down a bit, and heads in a more positive direction, he may come back one day.Yes, he is working on new information which he is adding to his own accurate and informative IBS Health Board. And on his board, as well as on Heather's ... absolutely NO negativity is permitted. http://pub37.ezboard.com/birritablebowelsyndrome http://www.ibsboards.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat= Evie

·
Banned
5,767 Posts
actually, Evie, this sounds a little negative?"the atmosphere on this bb has significantly deteriorated. If the environment calms down a bit, and heads in a more positive direction, he may come back one day."Bada

·
Registered
207 Posts
quote:actually, Evie, this sounds a little negative?
Bada,This does sound negative, but unfortunately, it's true, and I'm glad Evie spoke the plain truth, as unpleasant as that truth may be. As per my comments above, I've seen a rapid decline in civility and common decency on this board over the past 5 years.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I totally agree with Evie! It seems that anyone expressing an opinion or sharing THEIR experiences get a right battering from some, I won't name names, but it seems some people just love to pick a fight!This board has really helped me deal with my IBS and face up to the fact that it is a very real issue. I have found support and guidance on this BB, but sometimes fear posting because you see people tearing apart other postings, and quoting the tiniest part of sentence, and pulling it apart.Lets support each other, not knock each other down!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Over the year's I have read Eric's postings and found him to be a caring individual. When I recently decided to inquire about the tapes, Eric called me and spoke with me, at length, at his own expense.It was such a useful conversation and one which helped me to decide to try the tapes. I am in my 23rd day and am quite pleased with them. I am feeling much more relaxed. My IBS-D (which I know will always be with me) is calmer.I, also, have found the current trend of the board has changed, but still find many caring people and useful information.I hope that Eric continues to check in and continues to advise us of what else in going on in the world of IBS.Marty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.