Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody heard from them what about Christine, Paul. Are all of ya doing alright?------------------Peter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
**sniff** I think I scared some of them away with myincessant whining & pleading for jokes
I miss the old pals too
Not that we're chopped liver of course (Peter)...I could go for that beer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I know what you mean. I just been wondering how Nu`s treatments are going and if they are working,havent seen any post in quite awhile. P.S. I didnt you whined Lisa
------------------Peter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Folks...Where are you veterans?are we the only devoted (IBS-crazies) left?(eh hem, sorry to group you with me, but well I hate being an odd-ball you know)Peter...no offense intended, but how did the term "Red-neck" come to being?and what is it exactly?and why do you consider yourself to be one?(this may not have anything to do with IBS but Ive seen your other posts & that label made me smile, only then it piqued another childish question, what on earth is it?)*just when you thought I didnt whine* heh heh...Have a good IBS-free weekend to all!!!LisaKPS here's hoping we hear from some old friends...give us some news good or bad, we like to know, can you guys hear me?do you even care?(pipe down lisa before J* thinks your too unstable for this board. OK
)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Lisa a ******* aint really a perticular person so to speak it`s a state of mind you dont have to be from the south to be one and no were not all racist and klan follwers(just in case anybody thinks that) were just good ol people that like to have fun do crazy things work hard and play harder. We dont marry our cousins either( tho I dont know about my neighbor now they are what I call white trash not to be implemented with us ********) so if you think you fit any that catagory YOU MIGHT BE A *******.
------------------Peter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Howdy neighbors!Peter, thank you for divulging my silly questions...For the longest time, I imagined a ******* to be a "country" guy (not girl), one who worked hard manually, dressed in jeans & rugged shoes/boots all of the time & drank alot of beer and made alot of noise- you know the way a bunch of rowdy guys carry on during a football game
(ouch, guess I was wrong...sorry) no no never thought you were racist
, otherwise why would you talk to me or the others who arent members of the eh-hem Klan.besides youre too funny to be "racist"...too open & kind to be that ignorant & despicable
...oh, were we not supposed to talk about religion, race..etc..here?just a tiny IBS-diversion, please excuse me...this is still an extension of Bill's glamorous introductions posting!that was a brilliant idea! now we simply go back to the archives and link the name to theintro & there you go, we know everyone!Incidentally, I have a suspicion, that the older veterans (myself included I guess) tend to drop by sporadically as time progresses...Once I checked in, I would never check out...well, at least not for-ever.Although the topics repeat itself via newcomers, the regulars still have support to give even if it means, repeating ourselves...yikes, Im rambling now...its snowing hard in NY...and my Dog is in the hospital, so I have to leave the office now. Take care and have a good weekend to all (who might be reading this mumbo jumbo)& Peter - no more rum cake for you!
(dont even ask, yes I am weird)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lisa I never thought you thunk ******** were that way I just said it for the oneswho do. As for the rum cake ya know I aint ever got finished makin one, have no idea why
------------------Peter

·
Registered
496 Posts
Umm...Please pardon this one last curious question on the history of a Red-neck?
(Peter)I was informed by an anonymous source that the term was derived from laborers (men) having outdoorsy jobs who suffered from sunburns? Youch!
Please dont smirk at the messenger
Guess my Red-neck days are over, sun-worshipping was only practiced during my teens up until I was 21 (now Im pale as a ghost at 30
). I found that too much sun aggravated my IBS- kinda dehydrated me & my skin?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to set the record straight--from what I know a red-neck is a good ol white, blue-collar worken country boy--taken all together it just makes him sound so PATRIOTIC (don't you know). As for marrien cousins--that's up to the individual--some people just don't trust outsiders, you know!

·
Registered
496 Posts
******* Hi Friends ********Thanks for the "red-neck" descriptions
.yeah, I always thought they were from the south too?******* Hi Loretta
about Buddy ********(there is a problem with my home email
, so please excuse me for having to post my personal "Buddy" replies here)Buddy had to have emergency "paw" surgery, she had been literally chewing her paws to bleeding death (due to severe allergies) & injuring her nails to the "quik", her nail broke cutting into the nerve/veins
! so with horror thurs. a.m., I found her crying in pain, with a faucet-blood-dripping paw! I took her to the "animal hospital" where they had to operate on the wound. She's home bandaged & all but better
thank you for asking! ********** IBS & parenthood ***********Is this by any slim chance remotely close to being a mother? Being sickly w/IBS & having to care for others (children) must be very emotional & exhausting. Im in awe of all the "mothers" & "fathers" on this board who are able to take care of yourselves & your kids
! (this reminds me of "the stress smashes attitude" thread by Terio?)sorry to diverge...please excuse the melancholy...added stress is certainly a challenge in life!Take care to all

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks Lisa for letting me know. I'm glad she is doing better. I hate when animals get sick because they don't really know what is happening to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts