Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. So I have started taking CBT and social anxiety therapy at my university's psychological clinic, and I have my next meeting Monday night. But I still have IBS problems.... I'm not entirely sure it's all related to diet, but some of it has to be. I am currently taking 40mg Prozac and it seems to keep me in a pretty good mood; doesn't always kill the anxiety though. I am also taking ferrous sulfate (for my iron deficiency), B-complex vitamins, calcium and vitamin D, and Accuflora. I have noticed in the last couple weeks that my stools are more formed than they used to be, which is good. But I still get gas and cramping, and it drives me crazy! I'm not sure what to do. I try taking enteric-coated peppermint capsules but they don't seem to help much. Just a while ago I had terrible cramping and gas. I wonder if it's something I ate... but then again, I can eat similar items and not get the same reaction.HELP.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If you eat the same things without problems a lot of the time diet probably isn't your big trigger.Anxiety is a major trigger for IBS symptoms and also any other physical stress (like didn't sleep as well as you need last night, etc.)

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Peppermint Altoids work for me, I've never tried any of the capsules. Peppermint can work well for some people. If you have heartburn it can make that worse. Some people like the capsules, others do tea or the Altoids like me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.