Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wondered if there was a procedure the hospital could or would do when you're severly constipated. A few years ago I had to go out of town for 2 weeks after already being constipated for 2 weeks prior. (dreading the whole experience). About a week into my trip I felt like death was a better option & went to the emergency room. The place was a zoo & after several hours waiting it seemed the doctor thought I was wasting his time & told me to take pro-colage despite my pleas. Is there anything that anyone knows of when you've gone on several weeks with no bowel movement. It's only been a few times in my life when it's gotten that bad. Can they dig it out..or is there a procedure?? Is there clinics that do that?? It doesn't seem that doctors & hospitals take it seriously or wanna deal with cleaning you out. They'll say take an enema or laxative and send you away, which neither one has ever worked. Also, being 27 years old they think you're just uncomfortable & it'll be ok. There just has been times when it's been TOO long with no movement & everyday turns into a flat out nightmare. I've had every test & medicine (it's IBS). Just curious if anyone knows where to turn to when it gets to be several weeks or a month with no relief.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you looked into colon hydrotherapy?I don't like to recommend anything as everyone responds differently to all remedy's.I had gone quite sometime without a movement and last month saw a naturopath who gives those.I had a good experience as she was well trained and she had much experience in giving these procedures.It really cleaned me out and I felt great for awhile. If I could afford it I would have one more often. Though it can't be anymore expensive than an emergency room charge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live in Canada, Naturopaths here are covered under extended health. I myself, couldn't get my head around the colon cleansing, some naturopaths use wierd combinations of things in them. When I haven't gone for a week, I do an enema, just lukewarm water mixed with a mild soap and drink plenty of warm liquids. Just to get things started, as the first bit hurts like a son of a gun to get out. If that isn't good enough, usually isn't, I take natural senna laxatives, in the evening. By morning, voila...movement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.