Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just happened upon this site and I am so relieved to not be the only one with these problems. Not that I would wish this on anyone. I have been blown off by my doctor and I go days without eating just so I can make it through the workday. I just put my order in for this book everyone is talking about. Will this explain the C & D..? I have a enormous fear of eating when my ibs acts up. Anyone else feel this way? I live off of crackers and pretzels. I just want everyone to know you have already been a great help to me just knowing you are out there. :)------------------Jillsy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jill - you've taken the first step, finding this board, second step,ordering the book! Congrats. I think you'll find lots of great info and support on here. I wish I'd found the BB years ago. - I ,too, fear eating at times. When something 'big' is coming up, like flying, I eat only safe foods like applesauce, bouillon, crackers. Maybe you can try those too. karenr

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i have this fear of eating,but i've also started myself in this vicious circle (to the point of only weighing 95lbs)i also live on snack crackers and graham crackers &simple stuff,afraid to eat real food for fear of D or upset stomach (which i'm probably causing with the fear)but i know what you mean about making it through the work day,it's hard to work when you're running to the bathroom and having all the cramping so you feel like if you don't eat you won't have to go.unfortunately is doesn't work,i've been told by friends on the boards that i'm probably giving myself the D because i'm afraid to eat real food (i guess they mean if you eat soft you go soft)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.