Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been reading here that the best solution for gas is probiotics........(or maybe changing your diet which i find REALLY HARD........but right now im not consuming milk products its been only 4 days ill try for 2 weeks to see if i get better)anyways i was wondering which brand is better . ive read something about ppl taking culturelle, vsl3, prebio 7, prebiotica....so if anyone who has tried any of them or some other brand reads this plz try helping me a lil bit with some info....thanks!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Those are all brands people have had success with.The problem is everyone's intestinal ecology is just a little bit different so there really is not a "one size fits all" probiotic to recommend.Some people find one works much better for them than others so they have to play around.Probably I would tend to start with one of the good brands that is easily available to you (I tried the Probiotica and had good results and it is at the local Wal~mart so easy for me to get) and then work through the list until you find the one that helps you.K.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hi Cristina, The only one I have ever used was Culturelle. I wanted to switch to a product called PB8, as I heard it worked well and was cheaper, but I couldn't find it anywhere. So, I figured I'd just stick with the Culturelle. It does help me somewhat with excessive gas, but I still have to stick to a bland diet or else
I agree with you, it is very hard to avoid certain foods even when you know they will have an adverse reaction on you! (especially sweets
)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts