Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Nothing specific, but white vs yellow vs blue vs any other color corn comes in are due to different strains, or breeds of corn.It could be that one of the proteins is something you react to and that protein is typically different in the different strains of corn....But that is just a guess.K.PS....one last though...check the labels on a brand that you react to and one that you do not....check out the additives. They may add something to the yellow chips to make them more yellow....or the fat content may be different or something like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RE: Christiana,I am a relatively new IBS sufferer, and your post interested me. I seem to have trouble with white corn products. I cannot eat white tortillas chips or authentic mexican foods (nachos, tortillas, etc) However, I can eat fritos. I would love to know why/which ingredient causes the reaction so that I can moniter my foods better. I also have the same painful reaction certain pizza type products and breads (but I can never predict my reaction) If anyone has more info, I would appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.