Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Didn't post this in the Diarrhea section b/c I don't have chronic diarrhea (actually have IBS C/D, mostly C).I was at Target today and felt like I had to go. But I could wait. So my hubby and I finished up shopping, drove home... and I headed for the bathroom. Figured this was my typical already-took-daily-Citrucil-and-had-breakfast-time-for-mid-morning-poo thing. But when I went, I just went a little. And what came out seemed liquidy like diarrhea, but went I looked to see what the heck just happened, it was white blobs. (And no, ladies, it wasn't from "that other place".) That's it. Just white blobs. Since then, my stomach has felt faintly sick, I've got a few stomach pains, and a few gas pains like I might need to go again.I have some basic knowledge about mucous in poo in stuff like that... but never just pure white stuff!!!Any pointers/knowledge/helpful info to share?THANKS MUCH.Regards, LilymaidEDIT 15 MIN. LATER: After posting that and replying to another post, I had to go again. This time, it was just regular, but there was a bit of mucous in it. So... hmmm. Perhaps a little bit of a virus?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hmm, was it completely white, or kinda tinged by yellow or brown? Or did it get a chance to clean up in the water? (Gross question, I know.)The only time I've had really white poo was after a barium swallow for an upper GI. Sometimes I get spots of whitish mucus in more solid stool or I'll have D with lots of mucus, but that is usually colored by the D.I'd chalk it up to mucus or eating something that didn't get digested and came out funky unless it continues.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Oh So you are now "Pure LilyMaid".
Probably just some mucous. Happens as you described to me once in awhile too. I usually feel very pure myself afterwards.
Hope you have been doing fairly well LilyMaid.
BQ

·
Registered
185 Posts
Have you taken liquid Maalox or something like that? Or mucous is another possibility as stated in the previous post. When stool is discolored, in most cases it's because of something you ate (or drank like maalox), and if it's like that for 1 day and then returns to normal, it was likely a temporary upset. If it remains that color for 2 days or so I'd go in to your doctor.TH

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Hi Lilymaid!I think you passed mucous and then later some more with your bm. Not sure what that means if it's just the mucous.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree that you probably just passed something undigested, I used to do that alot with my wellbutrin...took me a month to figure out what the little round white thing floating was after my bm's, what a moron, I honestly thought they were egg sacks from some unknown insect that I may have eaten for a few weeks...jeeze, looking back I feel stupid, but sometimes you have to take two steps back to see the whole picture, not just one..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.