Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have been passing a lot of gas. I have also noticed small white things in my stool. One day I passed a stool and the white things were kind of large. Does anyone else get white things in their stool?

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
Usually either it is the remains of something that didn't digest all the way (and some meds can do this because the time released part of the thing is a matrix that isn't broken down that the stuff inside slowly leaks out of. Levbid will leave an "ghost" in the stool).The other thing it can be is bits of mucus. Everyone makes some mucus but some people make noticable amounts.If it is really a big concern call the doctor and you can take a stool sample with the white in to be checked out. But usually it isn't anything. Although some parasites can be white, they are often too small for you to really notice, much.K.

G

·
Just as Kmottus posted, it's either mucus or worms. To rule out the worms, have your doctor order a lab test for ova & parasites.Evie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.