Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have switched to decaff and I have seen a big improvement..I have been on it for 3 months now and I hardly have any gut pain or discomfort associated with ibs-d. I never would have imagined this much difference from drinking 3 cups of regular coffee a day. 75% of our serotonin is in our intestines... Just wanted to drop by and tell you guys.... you got nothing to lose.. and everything to gain.BTW,I buy coffee beans that have been decaffeinated by the Swiss water process... look for them at your favorite grocer.The coffee tastes just as good if not better than the regular grind.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I did used to drink loads of coffee everyday but when I gave up smoking 5 years ago - it never tasted the same. Now i just drink tea. Glad you found something that helps you, it obviously didn't agree with you. For a while I did wonder if it might be to do with coffee and tea though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would never bother me when I drank it..it usually hit me after a few hours,so I never associate it with that.I tried stopping coffee for a week and it never helped.What I never did is give my body time to cleanse itself out of any caffeine that was in it.I don't drink sodas.The only thing I still can't control is anxiety ...and airports... those two get me running for the toilet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts