Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HelloI have chronic IBS pain. But they are not only spasms. The pain is because my tummy is very sensitive, like a sunburn. I cannot press thumb on my bellybutton. Same with trousers belt, the pressure is horrible. And it doesn`t go away, not for a minute. Everyday the same. Anyone have this too?

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi yes i get the same pain , only its right above my bellybutton . not sure if its the ibs-c or if its the acid reflux - have both - arnt i lucky girl? lol . i have been taking donnatal for week now - has helped with the horrible cramps and pain but its giving me worse migranes so im trying to wean myself from it. i hope yoou feel better soon

·
Registered
82 Posts
RAJ,memberHi Sarmiento,Join the crowd!! I have moderate to severe pain every day. I have tried everything but nothing has helped. The pain is especialy severe after an afternoon nap and extends from the belly button all thse way to the colon. I hope someone has a solution to reduce or eliminate the pain. I have IBS-C. Good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sarmiento, Have you gone to the doctor? I had the same type of pain that you are describing, and it turned out that I had a stomach ulcer. I also have IBS-C, and it's hard to determine where the pain is coming from. But don't assume IBS until you see a doctor.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Everyday Im in pain, but it is varying degrees! Some days I am not even able to move others im still in pain but can get on with things. But I think my endometriosis plays a big part in the pain as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Nervous:Sarmiento, Have you gone to the doctor? I had the same type of pain that you are describing, and it turned out that I had a stomach ulcer. I also have IBS-C, and it's hard to determine where the pain is coming from. But don't assume IBS until you see a doctor.
My doctor thought I had an ulcer as I've had the stomach pain for a month now. But Nexium did not help. What were you given to treat the ulcer? is it gone now?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Stomach pain. I always had stomach pain but when i was really diagnosed with IBS I continue to have stomach pain. It was the cramping, muscle spasms but pain that would wake me up at night. I was diagnosed with 2 ulcers. My GI doctor advised me if any pain wakes you up at night, have it checked out. IBS pain should not wake you but I suggest going to a doctor.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I deal with daily pain to, going to see my GI doc on Monday to discuss it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.