Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... I found out I had IBS sometime in November of 99. I just recently found out that I am also lactose intolerent. I was wondering if anyone else who has IBS is also lactose intolerant. and if there is someone else who has both then i was wondering if they could tell me what type of supplements i should be taking. Thanks so muchp.s. I was wondering what the difference between the D and the C IBS is ?thanks

·
Registered
581 Posts
I think the majority of us are lactose intolerant. I have only been LI for the past few years, and have had IBS for 25.IBS D is diahhrea, and IBS C is constipation.What you should be taking depends on your symptoms, do you have gas? bloating? pain? cramping? diahhrea? constipation? both?Please let us know what type of IBS'er you are and we can help better recommend things for your benefit.Britta

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi again.I believe i am the C type of IBS and it sucks... i have a lot of abdominal pain and cramping not to mention imense gurgling in the gut. I am not sure what else you wanted me to say about it? I was on bentyl but i stopped taking it because it didn't help after i figured out I was lactose intolerant!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey gallina. I have C IBS myself. I know how you feel. If you want to try to get rid of some gas and some bloating, try to eat smaller meals and chew the food untill there's nothing left. I'm not an expert on this topic myself, but I'm sure these guys will give you more info_One thing that has helped me mentally was playing sports. At least for an hour or two your mind will concetrate on the ball instead of your stomach.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dima, I just had to write and say I agree with you 100% about the sports/mentality thing. I remember back in high school when I first started having these problems I couldn't wait for the school-day to be over just so I could get to volleyball, tennis or rowing practice, or whatever, just 'cause it was the only time of the day that I felt good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
strana_gallinaMy daughter cannot eat dairy at all, She does not have IBS but gets migraines or breaks out with hives from milk....her doctor said be sure to use calciummouse,Me too when it came to school I liked recess, lunch and going home best.
Back then they didn'thave girls sprots but if they had I would have been in everything. Always been an excercise freak and it think it makes things work better. Plus all that good oxygen that you breath ------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is important that you take a calcium supplement, but make sure you take one with a high level of magnesium as calcium can cause C. That is why a lot of us with D use calcium. Magnesium tends to run the other way and cause D, so hopefully with enough of it you can stop your C and be able to take the calcium without any problems.Christine
------------------It is never too late to be what you might have been.----George Eliot

·
Registered
118 Posts
strana_gallina I was not C type, but I got rid of my tummy rumbling, nausea, bloating and abdominal pains by eliminating bread, rice, potatoes and corn from my diet.I was very mild D/C type and am now completely symptom-free. I am on no medications.Good luck to you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.