Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,I've had a UTI before, while managing my IBS. To be honest, the two didn't overlap at all for me, they affect very different areas, and even though they are close together, you can just tell which is which. The first thing you notice with a UTI is that it sort of burns a bit where you pee, both if you're peeing or not. I'd describe it as a mix between an uncomfortable itch and sort of burning, but it's definitely noticeable. After a while, you have to pee - a lot, and feel like you're not capable of emptying your bladder completely, but you never pee a lot per time, it's always just a little bit, but frequently. The urine itself will appear cloudy, too, which is a telltale sign.If you have any back pain or blood in your urine, it's a sign that it's gone further than a UTI into a kidney infection, so see a doctor stat if that happens! Otherwise, just go in, and they'll give you a urine test, and antibiotics to clear it up.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,I've had a UTI before, while managing my IBS. To be honest, the two didn't overlap at all for me, they affect very different areas, and even though they are close together, you can just tell which is which. The first thing you notice with a UTI is that it sort of burns a bit where you pee, both if you're peeing or not. I'd describe it as a mix between an uncomfortable itch and sort of burning, but it's definitely noticeable. After a while, you have to pee - a lot, and feel like you're not capable of emptying your bladder completely, but you never pee a lot per time, it's always just a little bit, but frequently. The urine itself will appear cloudy, too, which is a telltale sign.If you have any back pain or blood in your urine, it's a sign that it's gone further than a UTI into a kidney infection, so see a doctor stat if that happens! Otherwise, just go in, and they'll give you a urine test, and antibiotics to clear it up.
Thats what is strange. I don't have any pain or burning. Just a lot of pressure and urgency especially standing up. When I sit it is worse and makes me feel like my bladder is full.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.