Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering who has had the Great Smokies Stool Culture done and what were your results? I have diarrhea/loose stools and LOTS of them! I had a 4+ yeast overgrowth for a few years, now down to +1, and definitely feeling better now. However I still have mucoid Escherichia coli 3+ and Haemolytic Escherichia coli 4+. I'm low on the beneficial bacteria: bifidobacterium 1+ and Escherichia coli NG.If anyone has suggestions on how to get rid of the H. E coli and the mucoid E. coli, let me know!I am curious to see what the results of people who have had Great Smokies' stool culture and if their health care practitioners "blame" the symptoms of their irritable bowel syndrome on the Great Smokies Test results.Also what treatments have you used and have they helped. I was NOT improving for months on a variety of treatments until I took intravenous glutathione injections, for five months, 3x a week and these were a godsend! These were recommended by Dr. Perlmutter in Naples, Florida. Since then I have used a variety of herbal antifungals.Diane

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
For the most part, over the last year or two on the board there seems to be very few people who have had these tests and no one seems to be stepping up to say having these tests did them a world of good.These people may exist, but they do not post here.Try doing a search (under the post reply thing) for Great Smokies and you'll find quite a few threads.This comes up fairly regularly so checking out the history of the topic may be useful.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
For the most part, over the last year or two on the board there seems to be very few people who have had these tests and no one seems to be stepping up to say having these tests did them a world of good.These people may exist, but they do not post here.Try doing a search (under the post reply thing) for Great Smokies and you'll find quite a few threads.This comes up fairly regularly so checking out the history of the topic may be useful.K.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you kmottus for the feedback; appreciate it
Yes I've checked the archives and seen a number of posts. I am looking for current members who might have had the tests done and may have some advice, comments, new ideas. I consider myself very fortunate in having the Great Smokies Stool culture help me. I went to 15 doctors with no help at all, and it wasn't until I had the stool culture and was put on medication it suggested that I started getting relief of my symptoms
Diane-2

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you kmottus for the feedback; appreciate it
Yes I've checked the archives and seen a number of posts. I am looking for current members who might have had the tests done and may have some advice, comments, new ideas. I consider myself very fortunate in having the Great Smokies Stool culture help me. I went to 15 doctors with no help at all, and it wasn't until I had the stool culture and was put on medication it suggested that I started getting relief of my symptoms
Diane-2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.