1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I use 1 tblesp 2xday. Once in the a.m. and once in the p.m. It's good stuff, caused no bloating or gas in me. Stir it in water and wait a few minutes for it to disolve. No taste at all, just like water.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really?No gas?Almost impossible.Tiss are you C or D predominant?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I tried Benefiber 1x tablespoon per day for about 5 days. It definitely helped with the BMs but I was in a lot of pain and had a lot of gas. I know I probably didn't give it long enough to settle down but I really couldn't handle feeling so bad!! I gave it a rest and now I'm trying again, 1 x teaspoon per day. I figure that amount couldn't upset me too much. I'll try and up the dose later if I'm feeling OK, as I reckon 1 teaspoon probably won't help the BM much either.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I got horrible burning tummy cramps and D from it
But then I get that from EVERY fibre supplement so this one was no different. Guar Gum has been known to cause stomach upset though you might find D'ers suffer more than people with C.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I thought benefiber's for D... at least soluable kind's supposed to... is there a non-soluable kind of benefiber?I've been trying it... it kinda worked -- i still have 3-4 BMs usually but sometimes on a good day i can have 2 and be done with it (not very many of those days, though)... What it doesn't do for me is the pain and bloating, which i really hate... It's just like the yogurt that i tried... kinda worked, but... So, I'm kinda debating if I want to see my dr. again about it -- but right now i'm so busy i don't have time...Amy, I'm so sorry fiber gives you this much trouble...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
He he. It doesn't worry me anymore that it does. Fibre doesn't seem to be many people's "miracle cure" for IBS so I figure if I'm better off without it so be it
I just wish I hadn't spent so much money buying every fibre available at the chemist AND the health food store

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.