Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Who Here Actually Was Able To Cure IBS?

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  ibscuzofpastsins 
IBS-D and SIBO with chronic Stevens Johnson Syndrome. . . I take specialized probotics to replace my missing bifidobacterium species for two weeks a month. Then one week of heavy Tetracycline. The one week off. I eat only organic food and avoid any processed nonorganic grains. I take the calcium and Vit D supplements. I also take Lysine, a multi-v, minerial suppliments, tea cleanses now and then and freshly ground flaxseed. I drink an organic fruit smoothie everyday with walnuts and pineapple. I eat organic fiber bars every morning or eat an organic fiber cereal with organic soy or almond milk. I avoid all dairy, coffee, pop, sugar, processed foods and alcohol. (I do cheat now and again but pay for it.) When gasy, I take GasX. If I get diarrhea or have to travel a long way/fly, I take Imodium. Sometimes when I am achy and cannot sleep, I take a Valium. I am also going to go to a teaching hospital at the end of this month to see if my gut can be repaired and the flora restored. There is some very strange and new research out there. I have terrible diverticulosis and wonder if having that portion of my colon removed would help the pain. . . don't know. I wonder if a fecal transplant or enemas with that missing good bacteria would restore my health and ability to eat out and eat crazy again or at least not worry so much and have "episodes". Whatever I find, I always post here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.