Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard from a friend who is a lotro rep. He said they heard from the main office recently and that it was the FDA who contacted GSK because they had recieved so, so many emails and letters after the pull of Lotronex.They wanted to know if GSK would be willing to re-negotiate again in order to bring it back on the market (whatever that means).He said that the FDA is still asking for a lot of change in order for it to be brought back that GSK is very leary of.Who knows what will happen. I am disapointed in the finger pointing between these two companies and how they want themselves portrayed to the public.I am so glad I have found something else thatis working for me right now and hope it continues because GSK and FDA are disapointing.I will keep up hope for all who have nothing to help them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i think it's pretty clear from the history of the LAG that that emails and letters kept the parties talking and all that's missing is some word or action on GSK's part besides blame.tom

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nanci,You may want to go to the IBS Discussion BB for lots of info from people on alternatives that have helped them. They may not be as great as Lotronex, but things like Caltrate 600 and Questran have been giving some people relief.Good luck,Maria

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nanci,I have been on a supliment called Ibsacol. They are one of the sponsors of this site. You can click onto their site by finding the ad with the moving butterfly. I think it is on the home page of our site.Or you can go onto the products and info page and there is past discussions of how people are doing.There are others who log on here that are on it with good success. I am a d-type with intermitent C. It works great for me. Let me know if you have any questions. Caltrate didn't do a thing for me personally.

·
Registered
152 Posts
lissylou,I don't know how it works. Antihistomines (sp) are something I had seen written about in other articles. Neither my regular doctor or the pharmacy had ever heard of it. It was prescribed by my gastro doctor. When I get the least little bit under stress, (sometimes just by talking to people and not feeling stressed at all) I kind of rash. My neck turns red and splotchy. That was a tip off to the Dr. He said it could be doing the same thing to my stomach. I did explain to him that the IBS comes many more times however, when everything is going fine, no stress. I did not think it would work at all and the first week was terrible. I guit taking Donnatal Extend tabs when I started the Allegra. But into the second week, I could tell it was better. I had FORMATION!! if you get what I mean! I guess my system had to adjust going off the Donn and going on the Allegra. On an everyday basis, it has helped. But not nearly enough. I still have times when I'm barely getting the bathroom in time (and don't sometimes). I could never go out to eat or take a trip on it and be confident. So, I'm taking a lot of Immodium too and I don't like to take it very often because I'm afraid my system will get used to it and not work. I'm going to see how the next few weeks go, I may have to get back with Dr. and see what else is available. I already take Amitriptyline at night to try to keep from getting headaches. It's an anti-depressant. For me, that did not help with IBS at all but it does for some people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.