Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading through posts and it looks like alot of you are taking bently or levsin daily. I was never told to take them daily, i was told to only take the sublingal during an attack? does anyone else only take it for attacks?And for those of you that take it regularly, does it stop the attacks of pain and D or do you take more at the time of onset?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I take Hyscamine twice daily and have a disolvable during attacks. It decreases the amount and consistency of attacks, and sometimes during an attack the dissolvable takes the edge off the pain. Raven

·
Registered
119 Posts
I take Hyscamine twice daily and have a disolvable during attacks. It decreases the amount and consistency of attacks, and sometimes during an attack the dissolvable takes the edge off the pain. Raven

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
When my IBS was bad there wasn't realy anytime that I was free of pain so I took them daily, on a regular schedule.I was on Levbid which is time released so I only had to take it twice a day.When I did the clinical trial for Cog. Behav. Therapy I was taking the sublingual for attack (so we could track my drug use) and I needed like 7 a day to get by.Luckily the CBI eased things up and now I only take it during attacks which is a few times a year at most.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
When my IBS was bad there wasn't realy anytime that I was free of pain so I took them daily, on a regular schedule.I was on Levbid which is time released so I only had to take it twice a day.When I did the clinical trial for Cog. Behav. Therapy I was taking the sublingual for attack (so we could track my drug use) and I needed like 7 a day to get by.Luckily the CBI eased things up and now I only take it during attacks which is a few times a year at most.K.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I used to take Bentyl daily (4-20 mg each day). At first, I was "forgetful" but that side effect went away. I stayed on this med for about 9 months, if I recall.It did help quite a bit with the D and the pain. I can't remember why I got off. I think I just got better after a while. Also, you can take more when you feel an attack coming on.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I used to take Bentyl daily (4-20 mg each day). At first, I was "forgetful" but that side effect went away. I stayed on this med for about 9 months, if I recall.It did help quite a bit with the D and the pain. I can't remember why I got off. I think I just got better after a while. Also, you can take more when you feel an attack coming on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had it prescribed for me as well. I've been taking it for over a year. The doctor said I could take it as much as 4 times a day. When I first got the pills, that's what I was doing. I quickly learned that caused bad cramping and constipation. I'm now taking it either once or twice a day and that works for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had it prescribed for me as well. I've been taking it for over a year. The doctor said I could take it as much as 4 times a day. When I first got the pills, that's what I was doing. I quickly learned that caused bad cramping and constipation. I'm now taking it either once or twice a day and that works for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts