Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it.I hardly ate anything Tuesday,nothing but clear fluids Wednesday. Did the prep and things were running clear. Yesterday was the colonoscopy& endoscopy. Afterwards I had a cup of tea,1 cookie,1/2 piece of chicken ,some rice and water. Today a cup of tea,some crackers and water. Now I am having D. Where is coming from? How could the little bit that I ate get through my system that fast?Geez.I thought since I was all cleaned out I would have a few days rest.Did this happen to anyone else ?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Linr, yes it can happen as you reintroduce foods. One thing that may help get back to normal maybe probiotics and going back to eating regularly.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Linr, yes it can happen as you reintroduce foods. One thing that may help get back to normal maybe probiotics and going back to eating regularly.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Lin, Try to eat as normal as possible like Eric said. I had D after my diagnostics too. From what you have stated that you have eaten, perhaps you aren't getting enough in there. I can imagine that your appetite probably leaves a lot to be desired right now... but keep eating a little at a time throughout the day. If you are having D, don't worry...keep eating anyway. I don't think it matters which foods right now, just things you can easily digest and taste good to ya. Olde fashion 'comfort food'. Some chicken soup, or what have you. The better I ate, the better I felt. Hope you feel better soon.
BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Lin, Try to eat as normal as possible like Eric said. I had D after my diagnostics too. From what you have stated that you have eaten, perhaps you aren't getting enough in there. I can imagine that your appetite probably leaves a lot to be desired right now... but keep eating a little at a time throughout the day. If you are having D, don't worry...keep eating anyway. I don't think it matters which foods right now, just things you can easily digest and taste good to ya. Olde fashion 'comfort food'. Some chicken soup, or what have you. The better I ate, the better I felt. Hope you feel better soon.
BQ

·
Registered
269 Posts
Lin, how did the procedure go? I'm sorry the aftermath is more D.I went the opposite way, just to be weird I guess. I couldn't keep anything down for about 24 hours (from the fentanyl, I suspect -- I'm incredibly sensitive to everything). Then I gradually started eating soft things: rice noodles, white rice, bananas. I had just about zero appetite. Didn't eat anything as solid as chicken for about two days afterward; just made me turn green to even think about it.I was actually constipated for about 5 days, which I enjoyed until I got bloated enough to be in pain. Handful of almonds took care of that!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Lin, how did the procedure go? I'm sorry the aftermath is more D.I went the opposite way, just to be weird I guess. I couldn't keep anything down for about 24 hours (from the fentanyl, I suspect -- I'm incredibly sensitive to everything). Then I gradually started eating soft things: rice noodles, white rice, bananas. I had just about zero appetite. Didn't eat anything as solid as chicken for about two days afterward; just made me turn green to even think about it.I was actually constipated for about 5 days, which I enjoyed until I got bloated enough to be in pain. Handful of almonds took care of that!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The stuff in the prep can stay in your system for a couple of days, plus it can take a few days to get back to normal.I also wonder if your almost liquid diet is helping to continue the cycle of D. After all, they must restrict you to a liquid diet before your prep for a reason, right? Easier to clean out? You have to take it kind of easy on your system as you reintroduce food, but try to eat some "real food" too.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The stuff in the prep can stay in your system for a couple of days, plus it can take a few days to get back to normal.I also wonder if your almost liquid diet is helping to continue the cycle of D. After all, they must restrict you to a liquid diet before your prep for a reason, right? Easier to clean out? You have to take it kind of easy on your system as you reintroduce food, but try to eat some "real food" too.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks aaagain everyone.Would you beleive that we are suppose to be going out to dinner with the boss and his wife tonight.And this will be the first time I have met them. Plus they want us to go back to their house after dinner! Why me ??? Do you ever feel like the universe is out to get ya ?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks aaagain everyone.Would you beleive that we are suppose to be going out to dinner with the boss and his wife tonight.And this will be the first time I have met them. Plus they want us to go back to their house after dinner! Why me ??? Do you ever feel like the universe is out to get ya ?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to let you know, I survived that dinner with the boss and his wife. I had taken two immodium during the day and order broiled fish for dinner. I always worry that people are going to ask me why I'm not eating very much.But guess what? No one was even paying attention to what I was eating. I ate very little ,just sort of pushed it around my plate.No one cared. We went back to their house and I had half a glass of wine. Now I was hungry but I was just glad I made it through the evening. Guess I will stop worrying so much about what other people think.Usually they are thinking about their own problems anyway.Today we are going to a neighborhood party and I intend to eat and enjoy myself. It's right nextdoor

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to let you know, I survived that dinner with the boss and his wife. I had taken two immodium during the day and order broiled fish for dinner. I always worry that people are going to ask me why I'm not eating very much.But guess what? No one was even paying attention to what I was eating. I ate very little ,just sort of pushed it around my plate.No one cared. We went back to their house and I had half a glass of wine. Now I was hungry but I was just glad I made it through the evening. Guess I will stop worrying so much about what other people think.Usually they are thinking about their own problems anyway.Today we are going to a neighborhood party and I intend to eat and enjoy myself. It's right nextdoor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.