Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the last week or so i've been feeling really down, mainly about my upcoming exams in January/arguments with parents/general paranoia about self, and i seem to be taking it out on my stomach. for example a food i know i have to avoid is white pasta (and spaghetti) so what do i risk yesterday? heinz spaghetti hoops, and yes i was in pain. did it make me feel better? a little. i also know i have to cut down on my fat content to ease my symptoms, so lately i've found i'm giving in more and more to my cravings for chocolate/biscuits/that extra mini hero or celebration, because it's christmas right? right??? wrong, i'm still gonna get pain and D for a few days.i can't be the only one who does this, am i? so why is it so easy for us to ignore the big shiny warning signs that shout 'you know you'll only suffer' when we get a little depressed?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Ugh! I KNOW! For me it's always chocolate! I try so hard all day to be good. And sometimes I'm good for a week but in the end chocolate always wins, and yes, it ALWAYS kills me!

·
Registered
14 Posts
heh' ok I admit I'm terrible..I mess up all the time even though I know its making me suffer..but my stomach has gotten so picky that anything short of a completely bland diet sends it into pain and D and agony for days..I know eating very bland and small meals makes my symptoms significantly better.. but that knowledge doesnt seem to stop me when spicy cheetos or chocolate .. soda or juice come calling .. heh..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sometimes I get so sick of "being careful." I splure and have popcorn, raisinettes and a large diet coke at the theater knowing I am going to pay for it later. I drink coffee not knowing if it's going to trigger something or not. This morning I drank some coffee and I knew, I heard my stomach telling me, "No more! I'm warning you!" But I downed it anyway and here I am wondering why in the heck I let myself run out of altoids, LOL. I think we just get tired of being good and throw caution to the wind and reap the consequences. In my case I know I'm going to reap them even if I avoid my trigger foods so that makes me even more prone to say, "What the heck. What's one more twix bar?"

·
Registered
111 Posts
me too! coffee is something I can't seem to kick. I too, know I'll pay the price within an hour or so after I drink it. My IBS is much worse in the morning which is when I have coffee. We are creatures of habit, and habits can be hard to break!

·
Registered
82 Posts
The weirdest thing is that I drink coffee every day and probably 70% of the times it triggers an episode. Weird. May be that there's something else that's already taking place or perphaps some days there's a little more caffeine in the pot than others....

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I think by nature we kinda "want what we can't have"....Or.. if theres something you probably shouldnt look at because someone says, "it might make you sick.."A lot of the times, you look... "curiosity killed the cat."I am definitely a victim of this myself, though rare, I do have to fight the urge to eat my trigger foods when I know I'm going to be home.I LOVEEEEE salsa and hot sauce... Do I eat it? No, definitely not when I have to leave or be somewhere..but when I'm home with nothing to do for a couple of days... watch out! that urge just creeps in!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.