Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
haha - "WHY?" is quite a broad generalised question...Maybe: Genetic predisposition; cumulative environmental, chemical and/or mental triggers causing functional/communicative breakdown in internal processes; spiritual/fate as part of a learning experience; pure randomness in a secular world??
My view is that it maybe a combo of all of them...but then again "I have access to certain informtion that others don't"...

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
The cause of IBS is not known although they are finding some genetic clues. Food and stress are triggers for many-different foods for different people-lactose, fructose, gluten, fat but many people who don't have IBS and can't digest/absorb these foods might get D or gas without the discomfort and pain. It is ultimately largely the hypersensitivity of the bowel which distinguishes IBS. Some people develop this hyperensitivity after a bacterial or viral illness but not everyone with such illesses develop this hypersenitivity. So it is all up in the air. So that is it in a paragraph.

·
Registered
927 Posts
ebbie - it was a play on an earlier signature of a "spammer" around here...although i do have experience with Bodytalk which no one else round here seems to have been to let alone even heard of?!
see my post in the OTC sub-forum if you're interested.

·
Registered
927 Posts
"I was intrigued by the fact that it was based on Hatha yoga- an old practice in India."Yeah, although, that is a minimal influence of the system. It looks really exciting and I have no doubt will become more well-known as time goes on. Watch this space...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.