Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
I believe it would work the same way...when you started having IBS symptoms it increases your anxiety level and you start focusing on it more...if your lucky enough to find a therapy or treatment that works, your stress level will go down and you'll probably forget alot of the pain you went through. Iknow this sounds hard to believe, but it can happen.. I've had IBS forover 20 years now, and for a period of about 2 years it pretty much subsided to where I never thought about it..almost like I never had it! . I was eating all same foods I used to, going the bathroom the same, and having no pain throughout the day.

· Registered
345 Posts
I believe it would work the same way...when you started having IBS symptoms it increases your anxiety level and you start focusing on it more...if your lucky enough to find a therapy or treatment that works, your stress level will go down and you'll probably forget alot of the pain you went through. Iknow this sounds hard to believe, but it can happen.. I've had IBS forover 20 years now, and for a period of about 2 years it pretty much subsided to where I never thought about it..almost like I never had it! . I was eating all same foods I used to, going the bathroom the same, and having no pain throughout the day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.