Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
I think most of us know exactly how you feel. I certainly do. IBS has been a major issue in my life for about 15 yrs now. The desparation you feel can subside, but you have to help it. If you mind affects your IBS symptoms like mine does, then it makes sense that your mind can help you reduce your IBS symptoms. I would talk with Eric about Mikes tapes for starters. They have help me quite a bit.One of the hardest things for me to learn was not to feel embarrassed about something you have no control over. IBS is a disease. I have it, and I'm not ashamed to let people know if I start to have symptoms. For me, doing this helps reduce the symptoms because I no longer feel as though I am hiding something. And you would be amazed at how many people I met who had the same illness. Oh, I still have a hard time flying in airplanes and going to restraurants, but my symptoms have reduced, to almost nil in some instances, to where I can almost have a good time once in a while.

· Registered
91 Posts
I think most of us know exactly how you feel. I certainly do. IBS has been a major issue in my life for about 15 yrs now. The desparation you feel can subside, but you have to help it. If you mind affects your IBS symptoms like mine does, then it makes sense that your mind can help you reduce your IBS symptoms. I would talk with Eric about Mikes tapes for starters. They have help me quite a bit.One of the hardest things for me to learn was not to feel embarrassed about something you have no control over. IBS is a disease. I have it, and I'm not ashamed to let people know if I start to have symptoms. For me, doing this helps reduce the symptoms because I no longer feel as though I am hiding something. And you would be amazed at how many people I met who had the same illness. Oh, I still have a hard time flying in airplanes and going to restraurants, but my symptoms have reduced, to almost nil in some instances, to where I can almost have a good time once in a while.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.