Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come it seems like people on this board are really not here to help anyone anymore. Most of the posts I have read and looked at different responses to them all basicall say the same thing, ie: good luck, welcome, I have the same thing, here's my problem, etc etc. No longer do I see any real help here. Not to mention that over the past week I have posted many different times about various things that I am having problems with, such as my doctor, the endoscopy i had yesterday with bad results, and advice on how to deal with different things and I've only gotten 1 response. It seems like unless you have a friend, spouse, or other relative in the hospital and need prayers that's the only thing that will get a response. Well, how's this, I found out yesterday I have a 50% chance of having cancer in my esophagus, or how about when I woke up from the endoscopy and had a pulse of 40 and a blood pressure of 35/20? I've written about that and have had no response. So much for this board being helpful to those who need it for themselves and not just other people in their family.Maybe I'll be back, but maybe I'll just move on to another board where there are people there that actually still want to help others.sandi

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sandy...Im sorry you are not getting the help you want...Im afraid I cant help you as I am just recently getting diagnosed and dont know too much about all this yet...I am very sorry to hear about the chance of you having cancer and about your endoscopy...I dont know you or am not your family but I will pray for you.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Hi sandi, I haven't been aboard long, but just knowing I am not alone with IBS problems comforts me. I have just prayed for you. I know that faith in God works. I know you must be upset, but just know that someone out here does care what happens to you. I've been healed before for other afflictions, and in His time if it is His will, I will not need Meds anymore. Take care and God Bless.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I'm sorry you aren't getting what you are looking for here.Well, I had to do a search to find the posts you are talking about.A couple of comments. I don't know how well populated the Fibromyalgia board section is. You may be better off at a board where the main focus is Fibromyalgia. A board where that is what most people are there for, rather than an auxillary board for another disorder may be more suited to your needs in that area.Now your IBS problems most people here can talk about but FMA, Upper GI, GERD, Cancer....there isn't nearly as many people here who have been there, done that. So it may be worthwhile to find somewhere that focuses on those health issues rather than hoping that you find the right people here on an IBS board.With Endoscopies (upper GI) on an IBS board you aren't going to find as many people who have had them/experience with them so that makes it hard. Most of our tests have been from the back end, not the top
. Did you post over on the GERD section?? That is where most of the endoscopy experience people would be hanging out.I don't know how many people go to the Diagnositc Tests section, I don't unless it comes up on the top page of the "Today's Posts" so I would never have seen that post without doing a whole search of the whole site to try to find all the posts you get no answers to.Some of it, especially with stuff that there is likely to be only a few people here who know anything at all about what you are going through you may need to bump the post a few times to get it to the top and visible to the right person at the right time.Sometimes getting the answers you need from this site can be a bit daunting. Posting on a couple of different sections and bumping up the post. Also sometimes the title of the post makes a big difference."I had a bad time at" sort of thing...... over in the Meeting place is a good way to get more attention and general support, if you just need to talk.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Oh...the waking up from the endoscopy like that.I guess you had a bad reaction to the sedatives. It is probably wise to get a precise list of what you were given, what happened, and take that to everything when they may sedate you ever again.They often ask if you had previous problems and it is good to have anything like that well documented.K.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I see lot's of people trying to help. Sometimes however the biggest help is just being supportive. There are no complete answers for IBS. We all offer a little. Take what may be helpful and leave the rest.I'm sorry you are not getting the help you need. But none of what I saw in your post directly relates to IBS...so I don't know how I can help you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.