Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,562 Posts
Matt, only 5% of serotonin is in the brain. The other 95% is in the gut. That's why antidepressants can affect IBS. Remeron is similar to Lotronex in that it works on the same receptors. I find that SSRI antidepressants cause GI problems for me - pain and diarrhoea. Remeron is the opposite - it helps with my IBS. Constipation is a side effect of Remeron so may not be suitable for constipation predominant IBS sufferers. Sorry I don't have any technical info for you. Maybe others will.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top