Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have D really bad after a week of my in-laws being here and running me to death in the heat and eating at all times of the night and fast food at that! I have the D really really bad. The doctor (about 2 months ago) gave me samples of Lotronex. Will this help? I have heard of people taking half a pill, 2 daily, 1 daily -- what???? I can't even hardly go to the store without first visiting the little girl's room. I am weak and tired and what a cork or something!!! Help!!!!

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi maryalex:I don't take lotronex because I alternate C&D, but I do hear people talking about it on the BB. AZ is right, the time it takes to kick in depends on the person.Some people have adjusted their doses, most under their doc's orders, when they found it was too much for them. It's best if you call your doc, I think, before you change things around. But you you have to do what is best for you.
Have you started taking it yet? You might want to try cutting down on the fast food. The high fat content does trigger D in a lot of people.Good luck, and keep us posted on how you do. JeanG

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was affected right away from Lotronex with C and bad pain. That was with 1 per day. I switched to 1/2 per day and things are much better. If I get a little C I stop the Lotronex for 2 days, then back to 1/2 a day. If things stay as they are I will keep taking it. Good luck!!!------------------Deb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone -- I feel some what better today. I do NOT take the time to relax. I am a very high strung person (as most people with this problem seems to be). I took a half of a pill last night. I am very cautious about meds. Maybe too much! I had D this morning but not any more today. Even went and bought groceries. And that is a job I hate!!! I know you are right about laying off the fast food. But when you are on the run and not home all day.....I probably will not call the doctor. I get really tired of them. They costs a fortune and run you around and around. Too much meds sometimes are given also.Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.