Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.I am a 47 year male & has been suffering with intense IBS with constipation for the last twenty years.Now my symptoms & discomfort is twenty four hour a day & 7 days a week problem.I dread every day,feel extremely exhausted,nauseated with bloated feeling in the stomach.I end up vising toilet around 15/20 times a day,strain to push out little quantity of knotty & dry stools.I have absolutely no appetite,though I force myself to eat something.I take full care in taking fiber rich diet,drink plenty of water (2 to 3 ltr.a day)& excersize regularly.Because of intense straining,I think, I have developed piles & suffer from constant back pain.I invaribly lose focus & concentration on my job because of constant discomfort in mu gut.A times,I feel so irritated that I hit myself.I have a loving & highly supportive wife & my family has been suffering because of my physical condition.I think,I developed this condition because of prolong job related stress & a simple consipation now has developed in to a full blown IBS.Could somebody show me some way out of my hopeless condition.

·
Registered
109 Posts
hi jeewan, I'm really sorry to hear of how painful things have been going for you. You need to decrease your stress level. Do you see a gastro who can help you out either in gastro areas medically or using alternative methods to help you relax? You shouldnt continue like that becos your body still needs nutrition and food. Though with IBS things get on pretty hard, try to manage it slowly, and nothing is ever hopeless. Sure other would reply to your post soon, so take care for now...and god bless. You will be in my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hi Jeewan - it might be easier to give some advice if we have a little more information. What treatments have you tried for your constipation besides the high fiber diet and water? Not knowing what you've tried I'll try to mention a few things that may help. Sometimes taking magnesium supplements can help, or a good source of aloe vera juice, or even something like mineral oil, flax seed oil, or evening primrose oil supplements. Definately stay away from calcium supplements. Extra calcium gives me terrible constipation. There are other natural supplements you can try, like for instance a green tea extract with some probiotics and maybe some japanese chlorella added. I take this stuff called Udo's Oil in capsule form which has all of the Omega Fatty Acids in the right balance, plus this stuff called Super-Nano Green Tea which is basically the tea extract mixture mentioned above. The Udo's I get from the local health food store and the Nano stuff I buy from a natural health-care clinic by mail. I haven't had a problem with constipation since I started using both, and as a bonus my diarrhea swings have mostly gone away as well. I still get occassional bloating and some very mild nausea, but sucking on a few Altoids helps a lot with that. If I feel slightly backed up I take a couple of Metamucil Capsules with a big glass of room temperature water. It's pretty mild and just bulks me up when I eat a meal without a lot of fiber in it. The other thing I did was go to a certified hypnotherapist to learn some relaxation techniques. They help a lot with the stress.Hope you find something that helps you. It sounds like you are miserable. Hang in there, though, I know what you're going through and it isn't pleasant at all.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Jeewan,Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. At the risk of sounding like a broken record in this forum, have you considered seeing a therapist? I have back pain, too, and both of these syndromes are clearly linked to stress.I don't know what that entails in your culture, but here in the States it is often at least partially covered by employee health plans. It is worth considering, because you can't go on indefinitely at this level of stress. A therapist could help you identify the sources of your anxiety and maybe develop some strategies for lessening them. I see mine tomorrow, and am ready to get to work on getting better. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I forgot to mention that ginger tea can help a bit with the nausea, and it also acts as a mild gut stimulant. For me, the worse my nausea is, the stronger I make my ginger tea. BUT I know if I take in too much it gives me very loose BM's. One other question: have you ever been checked for parasites? Most of them cause diarrhea, but some of them can cause constipation as well.

G

·
Hi Jeewan,I know exactly how you feel. Have you ever tried the Diet - Eat right for your blood type? I have been on it and it sure has worked for me. I couldn't stand the bloating either, enzymes really helped too, mega doses of them.Take care.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.