Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not offically been diagnosed with IBS but am going through a process with my doctors to figure out what these symtoms Ive had for over a year 1/2 now are. Anyway I have always had hard stool even when I was a kid. Lately I have been really fighting with constipation but its not REALLY BAD. Anyway I am wondering. If you are diagnosed with IBS-C what are the chances you will completely change to IBS-D at some point in your life? I am really hoping if I have to deal with this it stays C. I think I can handle that better than D. I know that you can still have some instances of Diarrea with IBS-C and I have experienced that.Anyone who was diagnosed with IBS-C, what feedback can you give. Will it most likely stay the same? Does it get worse as you get older?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
There is no set pattern.Some people have it go away after a few years.Some stay exactly the sameSome have changing symptomsSome may get worse.There is no way to predict which path, but it is not a disease that inevitably gets worse and worse like some things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i've had it for over 2 years and i've been diagnosed just over a year, at first it wasn't such going to the toilet it was the cramps, but it was a bit of diahorrea then, but since then ive had constipation, i was worried if i would end up with the Diahorrea side of it and she said there is a chance i will only ocassionaly get that side of it or none at all, and ive had diahorrea once or twice, but she said it shouldnt change over to it. x

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have suffered from IBS symptoms for the past 2 years. I will go 5 or 6 months out of the year dealing with constipation, bloating, weight gain, etc. Then all of a sudden my symptoms will flip and I will go to the bathroom 3 to 4 times a day, food travels right through me, and I lose all the weight I gained in a flash.I just saw the Dr. a couple of days ago (I am currently dealing with IBS-C) who said that in some people their IBS is known to "flip" like that. I think it just depends on the person. My Dr. is currently trying to "break my cycle" and has me taking 1-2 capfuls of MiraLax a day for a month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.