Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume that the withdrawal of a drug released to the market occurs from time to time. I also assume that the circumstances are quite like those surrounding Lotronex (I.e Many satisfied patients, and then over s hort period of time unexplained or suspicious deaths linked to the use or misuse of the medication). I am just wondering whether the same sort of process usually occurs, the devastation of satisfied patients, the grief of those who feel that a drug has caused the death of a loved one, the seeming unfeeling FDA refusing to bend to the will of those who have been helped by the medication.. and am also wondering whether there is anything to be learned from the withdrawal of the other drugs..As an aside, I was prescribed Cisapride, used it ONCE, and ended up in the ER with chest pains. This was just before the drug was withdrawn. Anyway, just wondering if this whole thing is normal when a drug is withdrawn.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.