Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides having IBS I also have GERD. I guess with the pressure of trying to find a job and the blahs of the holiday season my stomach has been on edge a bit.But yesterday morning really scared me. I woke up in a standing position gagging on vomit that I guess I quickly swallowed down again. I know acid reflux can do this to you but this has never happened to me before and I have been off my pills for so long since my GERD has been better. I quickly filled a prescription of Prilosec that I had and started the taking them again today. But to wake out of a dead sleep gagging and choking is enough to scare any one to death. But the funny thing is my stomach felt perfect the moment I realized what had happened to me. So I guess the acid just came up my esophogus and I gagged on it.Wow, what a feeling?Have a great holiday everyone.Mark

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
That does sound scary.Have you considered putting a few bricks under the head end of the bed so you are on a slant with the head raised. My Dad had lots of refux problems and found that it was really helpful. Made the bed look a bit funny but really helped with the nighttime symptoms.K.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Wow, Mark. I hope you didn't aspirate it back into your lungs. My husband had some weird lung thing a few years back. He was put into the hosp in a private room and everyone who went in had to be fully gowned and masked because they didn't know what was wrong with him. The Chief of Pulmonary Medicine ruled out all sorts of horrible things like TB and AIDS. He finally concluded that he had vomited in his sleep and swallowed some of the vomit and that is what caused the lesion on his lung.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.