Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies,I,m been reading some of your messages and I'm wondering how many of you have had hysterectomies? my friend and I have found that since our hyster's we both have been Dx with IBS-C. We have also found that when IBS-C atttacks that the bladder is also extremly irriated as will. So not only is there pain in the left lower colon but also right over the bladder. Which of course leads to CT-Scan to rule out appendsides. I have had a series of scopes/laperoscopies done the bladder is fine and there is no trace of any abnormalities in the abdomen wall. It appears that fiber is getting less affective, my friend now takes solible fiber twice a day and still has attacks.diet seems to help but not all the time.Stress is a big factor, unless you can just stay at home and do yoga all day long, most of us can not. So what is one to do? Searching for others,waterwitch.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi,I had a hysterectomy (for abnormal bleeding and continual abdominal pain). I wasn't Dx'd with IBS at that time, but I know I had it then. Post surgery my constipation was horrible, although my Gyn just said, 'eat more fiber', to which I replied 'I eat enough fiber to take down a horse!', and of course, he didn't believe me. With that Gyn, due to my constant complaints of abdominal pain, I endured 2 laparoscopies that showed adhesions which he supposedly fixed. I also had uterine ablation (which did nothing), a D&C, and ultimately the hysterectomy which was through an abdominal cut, NOT lap.MY personal wonder-cure of the moment is the addition of flaxseed oil cap's PLUS milled (ground) flaxseed added to my breakfast oatmeal daily. I also take magnesium supplements and vitamin C. And of course, I have to watch what I eat, and I'm getting pretty good at knowing what works and what won't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you had any irritation with your bladder with your IBS? I am hoping it's due to the inflammation of the colon,since the bladder is now in closer contact to the intestine with out the uterus being between them.Waterwitch

·
Registered
654 Posts
I know it's not the same has a hyster, but after my last child was born 4 years ago, I had my tubes tied along with the c-section. It made my ibs a lot worse then it already was. More abdominal pain, more c and d too. I think there is a definate link between women's surgeries and ibs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Actually, waterwitch, I DID have bladder irritation that I think might be tied to IBS. I've had the bladder problems two or three times in the past year, to the point of going to a urologist. Mine seemed to resolve itself, as my last checkup I was OK, and he said to call him if I needed him in the future.I told him, nice as you are, I do NOT want to be your best friend! LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.