Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or something im going crazy here. I have had ibs (so my doctor said) for about 5 years normally the worst problem is D and cramps but i do sometimes get C as well and lots of bloating. Well last thursday i had to go to the hospital because i had terrible pain in my right hand side had a scan and turns out i have a cyst on my ovary which there going to remove on thursday only since i had the pain i havent been able to go to the toilet for a decent BM i go every day at least once still but its broken up small pieces (sorry to be graphic
) ive also had D the other night i feel ok really, not uncomfy have the odd twinge but no other pain i dont know if maybe the cyst has attatched to the bowel or is pushing it? or is it sumthing to do with my ibs? I dont even know if anyone will know i just thought i would post it just incase anyone could help. Im worried about it as its been 10 days since a proper BM.thanks claire

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Did they give you pain meds for the cyst.If they are narcotic pain meds they can make you more constipated than usual.And sometimes a problem in one thing will upset problems in other things, even if it is just from the physical stress of being in pain, or fatigued, etc.K.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THey gave me codeine on the friday and i didnt go til.l the sunday i said i didnt want anymore becasue it makes me constipated so they have given me paracetamol and volterol to take together i just feel like when i try and go there is nothing there and when i need to its just small amounts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too suffered for years with IBS-D, but no longer. After years of GP visits and Gastroenterologists telling me I had IBS, I sought the help of a naturopath. After a few tests I was found to have high levels of Candida (yeast) in my intestines. I immediately started a detox, which included a combination of probiotics, antifungals, and enzyme therpay, and I have been IBS free ever since. I started feeling better about 3-4 days after I started the therapy and now am on maintenance. Still take probiotics and enzymatic therapy, to maintain good intestinal health. This worked for me, but if anyone seeks help from a naturopath let them find the right therapy for your symptoms. It took testing over 20 different antifungals before one was found to balance out MY system. Everyone is different so one pill does not cure all. Seeing a naturopath was the best thing I ever did. I will never live with IBS again. Signed cured and happy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts