Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a 22 year old male with no previous health issues.

I've been having some weird symptoms for the past few months now, and it's making me think I have IBS, or something serious. I wanted to talk to people who have been diagnosed with this disorder, and give me some peace of mind.. Right now I am currently unemployed with no health insurance. From the past few months I have been getting diarrha with stomach pain. When I do have stomach pain I feel better when I go to the bath room.

I have times where I have diarrhea just about every time I have a bowl movement, and then I have no symptoms at all, and have normal stools. Every once in a while I get oranged toned stools with little to no discomfort, and some times have green stool. Then I have no problems at all for a few weeks, and then it starts all over. Some times right after I eat I have to go to the bathroom with stomach pain, and usually feel better. Last night I've had green diarrhea with stomach pains, and went to the bathroom twice. I just had another which was pretty normal, and noticed green mucus in my stool. Same thing with my bowel movement last night.

I get mild discomfort all the time, and I get gassy all the time, and it usually passes. I aswell have lower back pain once in the blue moon, but passes pretty quick. Could be non related. And times I won't have no problems what so ever. I've noticed that I've had some sort of lack of appetite, and then I get it back.

Any one have these problems? This is starting to worry me a lot, and it's making my anxety go hay wire, and it usually makes me feel worse, and makes me think I have cancer.

Can some one please tell me what's going on, and give me some peace of mind? I have no money what so ever, and I have no insurance. Ant input will be greatly appreciated.. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It sounds 100% like IBS. I don't think you have anything to worry about, but once you get insurance you should take a trip to the doctor and get their opinion. The green color generally doesn't mean anything is wrong, it's probably just something in your diet. My doctor told me you really only need to worry when you have black/tarry or red stools. Extremely pale or clay colored could mean more serious things, but I believe green is okay!

Rest easy friend and I hope you get better soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds 100% like IBS. I don't think you have anything to worry about, but once you get insurance you should take a trip to the doctor and get their opinion. The green color generally doesn't mean anything is wrong, it's probably just something in your diet. My doctor told me you really only need to worry when you have black/tarry or red stools. Extremely pale or clay colored could mean more serious things, but I believe green is okay!

Rest easy friend and I hope you get better soon!
My stool is a little pale at times, but it's not to pale like clay. This is really worrying me like no other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.