Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem retaining water in my stool, but i do drink a lot. I work at weekends though and i dont get 2 drink much then and get a dry throat. I guess im just using this board 2 complain, but working dehydrates me which is worsening things, but i can't sneak off 2 get drinks or i'll get the sack. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Could you bring some bottles of water with you? I tend to "forget" to take in enough fluids while at work. Magnessium draws water into the bowel. 400-500 mg a day should help. It may take a few days. Slippery Elm works wonders for me. Someone who was once lucky to go once a week, I can a few times a day. It is similar to the idea of fiber (which I can't take, it makes my C worse) but rather than thick drying fiber, when mixed with water lippery Elm is very smooth and more of a "slippery" comsistentcy. It works that way in the bowel, letting things "slide" through the way they should. I feel completely done also, not that annoying imcomplete feeling.One of these may help you too. Good Luck!Kari

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.