Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently had a work schedule change. I now work from 11:30 PM until 8:00AM. I went on vacation last week and my body goes back to PM shift hours which are 3:30PM until 12:00AM. I have to change my hours back just after Thanksgiving. These hours are not normal to me. I have always been a PM shift type. They won't change my hours. I "signed up to work any days and any hours". They can change me anytime. What is best for the division over rules everything. I have a very hard time especially on my days off. I have to try to keep the same hours on my days off or I will go back to the PM hours.It is hard to stay up all night. I just want to sleep all night. Does anyone think that the work hours contribute to my condition?

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
When i worked permanant night shift my body clock was all over the place, trying to seperate night and day was very hard.After doing a 10 hour night shift,when i went home i could not sleep, after a shower and some breakfast i was raring to go, and didnt sleep.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any change to your body's internal clock like that will affect many things. When they were having mandatory overtime at my place of work I ended up having a IBS fest over that weekend because I worked a 70 hour week and was totally thrown off sleep wise, etc...all variables in your life will affect your body, some people are just more sensitive to it than others.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
When i was married to adolph and doing night shift the tension between me and him was awful just bloody awful, it put a lot of pressure on the marriage.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Me too. But I worked from 5 am to 1:30pm. Had to get up at 3 am. Felt like a zombie all winter long.Got a better job and hours since that.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hello there Laptop. You said you work for a police dept in the narcotic post. I'm assuming you are a police officer, right? I ask because sometimes I think about jobs that I could never do because of my ibs, and being a cop is one I know I would never be able to do. Could not imagine getting a call to go to an accident scene or domestic dispute and not getting an ibs attack. Does the Endocet affect your alertness?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts