Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work in a very busy A&E department office and am currently struggling alot, im constantly tired and fatigued drowsy and energyless! Ive got both IBS-C and fibomyalga and feel really low, its becoming more and more difficult to work, over two years ago everything began, i was working in a 44hr a week job comfortably and now im lucky if i can manage 15 hours, ive got an appointment with a neurologist in a couple of weeks (original ap was cancelled due to snow).. I need some advice on questions to ask...

·
Registered
205 Posts
I used to work 50 hrs. a week and loved my job. After IBS hit I found it harder and harder to put in even a 35-hr. week. I was fatigued, depressed, and having to use the office bathroom like 10 times a day. I quit that job long ago and now have a part time gig where I put in 15-20 hrs. I find it really helps to have a job where they can be flexible with the hours. Much of my work is on a project basis so when I feel ok I take advantage of it and do alot of work, and when I don't I just let the work pile up a bit and don't stress about it. As for your neurologist I don't know what kinds of questions to ask, sorry. However I think alot of different things can cause fatigue so you may want to also consult a general practitioner - they may run some basic tests and maybe point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Having IBS can be exhausting, but fatigue is a known symptom of Fibromyalgia. Many with Fibro have difficulty sleeping so then have the repercussions of that the next day. I don't have Fibromyalgia so am not knowledgeable about the meds often given, so be sure to tell your doctor for that all about how bad the fatigue is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts