Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi group, I'm sure glad I found this board. Does anyone else out there work nights? I start work at 2am and go till 10:30am. I don't really have a routine for sleeping, I'll take a nap on the days that I need to, otherwise I get to bed about 6pm. On those rare occasions when I have more than a couple days off in a row, I notice my ibs symptoms improve quite a bit. Does lack of quality sleep and not keeping a strict routine make things worse, or am I just more relaxed when I don't have to get out of bed at 12:30am and rush to work? Changing hours within the job isn't an option, nor is changing jobs at this point. Not all the world is 9 to 5, Monday thru Friday!

·
Registered
515 Posts
i work nights too
10:30pm-6:30am.. i find that if i keep a regular sleeping schedule, my tummy is not as bad. i've worked days before of course, and always, regular same time shifts help me out, whether they're during the day or night! swing shifts however, really screw me up
6-12:30 isnt much sleep if you're doing it all the time.. at least for me.. i can do that for about a week, then i need at least 1 night of 8-9 hours.. maybe you could try hitting the sack around 4 or something? even if you feel the urge to nap, stay up so you can go to bed at 4.. i find if i nap when i get home from work, then i dont want to go to sleep and i end up shorting myself
(and i love nights
except for the lack of social interaction, it's the best job

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.