Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just wondering if any of you guys work shifts and how it affects you? I'm not on the rota at work yet, but worked a couple of nights for a friend last week. My IBS-D had been pretty settled up to that point, but the shifts seem to have completely thrown me... Still playing up even 2 days later. It could just be coincidence, but i swear that the altered sleep patterns are what caused the problem. Have any of you guys noticed this before, and how do you cope with it? I'm going on to the full rota in about a month unfortunately! I hate taking Immodium as a preventative method, so any advice would be great. Thanks guys! x x

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi! I haven't worked nights in years but I know that when I did it totally screwed up my system. I felt sick sick sick and the D came at all wierd hours of the day and night. My DH who hasn't got IBS always ends up with D at the end of his night shifts. No advice on how to prevent it but if you can avoid nights I'd try to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, i'm glad it's not just me! Still feeling bad today 3 days on.... it's like my symptoms are a bit different from usual, and the timing too. I'm planning to have a word with my Dr tomorrow. She warned me about shifts but did I listen?! Hehe. I only do a few a month but the extra money's really not worth it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.