Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a real bad couple of weeks and have not ben able to go to work. I have had IBS for over 15 years but the last year or 2 have been a lot worse. Episodes last longer. I just was retested and nothing much is new except my esophogus and stomach are burned from the reflux. I tried prevacid and it gave me terrible abdominal pain so now I am trying zantac just to help me heal. Just started with Donperidome but feeling constipated. I a always tired , bloated and in some kind of pain. I find myself afraid to go out in case I get an attack. I have also been sent home or to hospital from work because I am in too much pain and now also getting dizzy spells. Yes I know am babling but to get to the point I don't know how I can contunue to work. I feel like a prisoner in my own home. I have ordered the hypno tapes and am hoping that these will help. Does anyone have any advise? I am so depressed!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Harley we actually have a Working and Careers Forum that deals with this issue. I will move this thread there for you.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Well, actually I don't! My IBS is so bad that my hospital gastroenterologist asked my GP to prepare , and foward, a letter to the Department of Work and Pensions declaring that I am unable to work/hold down a job. So, to turn this situation into a workable advantage, I have become a house-husband. My wife is happy with the arrangement, I have constant access to the toilet, I can plan my day/activities around how I'm feeling, and I get the time/opportunity to advise others' on here! There are very few ways to make IBS work for you, so I've done the next best thing and shaped my life accordingly.Baz

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have not worked for 10 and a half years due to IBS and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.Maybe you should speak to your Doctor about some other medication that may be of help to you.I hope the Hypnotherapy Tapes will be of help to you also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.