Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an IBS-C type, doing quite well lately on magnesium tablets, fibre and no gluten diet. However, my BMs still vary quite considerably. Sorry to be graphic, but they range from what I consider 'perfectly formed', ie, something a normal person would produce, to still formed but much smaller BMs, kind of like a normal BM had been chopped up along its length and made slightly thinner. Graphic part over.So, the problem is not really pain at the moment or the big C, I just worry that if the BMs are not totally 'normal' then there still must be something wrong, and on the days when they are normal I have done everything right. Do you think this is nuts? The other thing that tends to affect me is hormonal changes, so I also wonder if it could be that. Or maybe magnesium, but then why does it only go funny on some days when I take 300mg every day?Really don't want to obsess over this...maybe I should just leave it alone as things are going quite well.Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I have collected stool from normal people.Normal varies considerably.Pretty much nothing about stool shape or form is indicitive of anything.It is normal when having digestive problems to examine much more closely the stool we produce and that means that much of our normal variation that we don't notice we now do.The only thing to be really concerned about is when they become pencil thin and STAY that way. An occasional thin stool is NORMAL. But it that is the ONLY thing you produce you should be checked.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I have collected stool from normal people.Normal varies considerably.Pretty much nothing about stool shape or form is indicitive of anything.It is normal when having digestive problems to examine much more closely the stool we produce and that means that much of our normal variation that we don't notice we now do.The only thing to be really concerned about is when they become pencil thin and STAY that way. An occasional thin stool is NORMAL. But it that is the ONLY thing you produce you should be checked.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.